Friday, September 21, 2007

October is BC Month

Since October is breast cancer month (don't ask me why) there's lots of fund raising events. I'm involved in 2 of them; one is "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" for the American Cancer Society. The walk is on Oct 13th and it's in S. Minneapolis. The link is makingstrides.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=3495&pg=entry
There's no registration fee and no minimum amount of money to raise. I registered my team "kickin cancer's butt"and hope you will join me. Even if everyone raises $20 (or donates it themselves which is what I'm going to do because I just fundraised for Race for the Cure). I think WCCO tv wants to highlight us before the race.
The other event is "Desserts for a Cure", a dessert class at Cooks of Crocus Hill. It's on October 2nd at the Grand Ave. store. It's $75 for the class and all the money (after food costs) goes to the Komen foundation. My friend and fellow bc survivor is the main teacher and she's an AMAZING pastry chef...I'm her "helper". Sign up at http://www.cooksofcrocushill.com/.

No comments: