Monday, June 9, 2008

Crock Pot Recipe


Although I really don't like using the crock pot, I have a few recipes that turn out ok. I have two problems with the CP - the food looks like mush when it's done and everything tastes the same.
However, this recipe is pretty good, it is from a friend of mine who is a great southern cook!

Sterling’s Slow Cooker French Dip
4 lbs chuck roast
10.5 oz can beef broth or consommé
10.5 oz condensed onion soup (or one packet dried onion soup, use ½ packed if you want less salt)
12 oz beer
6 french rolls
1 Tbsp butter

Trim excess fat from roast. Place in slow cooker. Add broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on low for at least 7 hours. Preheat oven to 350, split rolls, spread with butter. Bake for 10 mns. Good served with sautéed onions and mushrooms and cheese. Serve sauce for dipping. Even better the next day.

No comments: