My kids have been talking about the movie “Monsters vs. Aliens” for months. They must have seen some sort of trailer or marketing materials, because they knew more about the movie than I did. I thought it sounded scary, until my son told me I was probably thinking about the movie, “Aliens vs. Predators” (which I was) and that was a scary movie. He told me, “mom, this is Monsters vs. Aliens, it’s going to be funny, like Shrek.”
My son was right, this movie was absolutely hilarious! I’m actually not sure who laughed harder, me or my kids. There was plenty of “adult humor” and it was pretty clean. In one scene, the blob character named B.O.B was “chatting up” a Jell-O mold at a party. When B.O.B and the other characters left the party, B.O.B said, “I think the Jell-O gave me a fake phone number.” My kids are still repeating this line, even though they have no idea why it’s so funny!
There are so many great things to say about this movie and I can’t fit them all in this review. I have to mention one more reason why this movie is great– it’s in 3D and the quality is amazing!
I recommend this movie to everyone, kids and grown-ups. It’s witty, funny, lighthearted, and action packed (there’s even a little “life lesson” at the end). Go see it, you’ll like it too!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment